With the summer shopping season beginning and the weather improving, retailers will be looking to lure shoppers out of the heat into air-conditioned comfort. June is a great month to start looking at your need for the rest of the year. Here is a list of items to think about in June that could net you great deals:
1) Boots/Coats/Winter Gear: Most people will be looking to buy spring and summer items, so stores will likely have their winter weather goods on discount. While less snow is falling now, you may be able to take advantage of great deals while others may not be looking.
2) Gym Memberships: For many, a common New Year’s resolution was to get in shape, but now that June is here and the weather is nice, many gyms will see a drop in membership applications. If you want to start or continue your fitness goals at a gym, then you may be able to negotiate a great deal this month as gyms try to entice people to come back indoors.
3) Dishware: June means the beginning of wedding season, so if you are looking for gifts on the bridal registry or to add/replace your dishes, now could be a great time to stock up on what you need for the dining room.
4) Tools: With Father’s Day around the corner, many retailers will offer better prices on items for home maintenance, repair, and improvement during the summer months. It’s rare that many tools will go on sale, but in June, you may be able to find hardware stores running promotions to lessen their inventories and encourage sales.
5) Textbooks: If there is a student in your life, and you can find out what textbooks will be used in their upcoming school year, now could be a great time to buy the books since they are being returned in excess during the end of the school year. Many colleges could also offer discounts on electronic resource materials too if there will not be any new versions, additions, or updates.
Did you know? June is also a great month for travel booking deals. Although it may seem far off, the winter holiday travel season is coming, and defining your plans now could lead to great savings. Warm weather destinations can also offer great last-minute savings for the summer and early fall starting this month.