With the Winter Holidays ending, you may want to give your wallet, pens, and credit card a break. However, January is a great time of year to find major deals. A little bit of planning may save you some money. Here is a list of the top 6 items to think about in January that could net you great deals:
1) Furniture: Manufacturers often release the new models in February, which means that retailers will have to clear out their inventory in January. Look for good prices on last year’s models as retailers try to unload.
2) Fitness Merchandise: If your New Year’s resolution is to get in shape, or if you want to replace/upgrade your existing equipment, then look for excellent deals in January. With many people joining gyms, retailers may offer better pricing on both large items, such as home gyms and treadmills, and smaller items, such as weights and workout videos, in order to compete.
3) Electronics: Now that the Consumer Electronics Show has ended, you will have a better idea of which products will be replaced with newer, more expensive upgrades. If you missed the winter holiday deals or have thought about making a big-ticket electronics purchase, then now could be the time.
4) Winter Apparel: Even as the snow continues to fall, stores are already preparing for the spring and summer months, which could mean huge savings on boots, sweaters, hats, scarves, and outerwear.
5) Toys: There is always a rush for holiday presents, especially toys, but stores generally see a lull in January. If you make a list of the kids that you will buy birthday gifts for this year, then you can stock up now and save.
6) Bedding and Linens: When you see White Sales advertisements this month, you’ll see that now is the time to buy towels, sheets, pillows, pillowcases, comforters, blankets, duvets, and more at great prices.
Did you know? Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so now is the time to start planning for cards, flowers, fragrances, and jewelry before the prices rise. It’s also Super Bowl party season, so planning ahead for party foods can help you save too.